EVENTS IN BRITTANY: SUMMER WILL BE HOT IN VANNES
Discover the agenda of cultural, festive, gastronomic and sporting events this summer
Every summer, the city of Vannes and the department of Morbihan offer a wide choice of events in Brittany. On land or on the sea, music festivals, sports events, exhibitions, monuments, nature discoveries or traditional celebrations... Morbihan invites you to discover all the historical and cultural wealth of Southern Brittany!
What events await you during your stay in Vannes?
Things are happening in Morbihan... let's face it!
Everywhere, during your stay in Vannes, you will find animations of all kinds and for all. From Breton culture to musical events, from sailing regattas to monuments in celebration, Morbihan invites you to discover all the historical and cultural richness of Southern Brittany from every angle.
Beautiful discoveries and good times are waiting for you in Morbihan... Come and vibrate to the rhythm of the events in Brittany!
Events in Morbihan, not to be missed this summer
Summer events in Brittany are on the rise!
We have selected for you some events in Morbihan not to be missed :
- The Fête de la Bretagne, from May 12 to May 21, 2023, is a unique, festive and friendly family event that highlights Breton culture. Many events of the program are free.
- The La Gacilly Photo Festival will take place from June 1 to October 1, 2023, for an extraordinary exhibition in the gardens and alleys of this small village in Morbihan.
- Livr'à Vannes will take place on June 9, 10 and 11, 2023, for its 16th edition. It is the first general literary fair in Brittany with an average of 25 000 visitors.
- Fête de la musique in Vannes on June 21, 2023. A major event awaits you on the port of Vannes, with the Echonova.
- The trail of the Remparts of Vannes on June 25th 2023. A trail run where participants run 15 or 30 kilometers through the streets and paths, passing by the medieval ramparts and the historical monuments of the city.
- The Ultramarin, from June 29 to July 2, 2023, offers foot races from 29 to 175km around one of the most beautiful bays in the world, the Gulf of Morbihan.
- Festival Belle Ile On Air, July 6, 7 and 8, 2023, is the only event of current music in Belle Ile en Mer. The Citadelle Vauban will vibrate to the rhythm of current music!
- Paka Festival, July 15th and 16th 2023 in La Trinité sur Mer. Electronic music event with international DJs.
- The Jazz En Ville festival, from July 26 to 29, 2023, is a summer event not to be missed in Vannes, with free concerts of international stars with pop, rock, funk, afro beat, electro, blues, oriental influences...
- Les Musicales du Golfe, for the 32nd edition from August 1st to August 12th 2023, make stops with internationally renowned musicians.
- The Arvor Festival from August 12 to 15, 2023. Great gathering dedicated to the Breton culture with the election of the Queen of Arvor. The sumptuous fireworks of August 15 will be fired from the ramparts of Vannes and will close these three days of festivals.
- The Auray-Vannes half-marathon on September 10, 2023 is the sporting event of the fall. Several races and distances are possible (20 km, 10 km or 5 km).
The Best Western Hotel in Vannes is in the heart of the city centre and the festivities.
For further information or to make a reservation at the Best Western Plus Vannes centre-ville, please contact us by telephone on 02 97 63 20 20 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org